Madera Community Hospital provides Emergency services 24 hour per day, 7 days per week. Our 16 bed Level III Emergency Department receives over 30,000 patient visits annually at Madera Community Hospital. The Emergency Department handles everything from the diagnosis of illness to major trauma to those minor cuts and scrapes that happen to all of us. The Emergency Department is staffed by board-certified emergency physicians and nurses trained in Emergency Medicine. We work closely with local rescue personnel to provide quality patient care seven days a week.
The Emergency Department uses a unique "triage" process where patients are seen by a doctor or nurse practitioner in a very quick manner, usually faster than most hospitals in our area. Once entering The Emergency Department, most patients are seen by a practitioner in less than 30 minutes.
Important facts to know about the Madera Community Hospital Emergency Department:
- Open 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
- No appointments are necessary
- We do not give medical advice over the telephone. Feel free to come to the Emergency Department at any time or call your private physician for medical advice
- Patients arrive by private car, taxi, ambulance and helicopter.
- Fully staffed Emergency Department
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine expertise. Pediatric evaluations available 24 hours/day.
- Spanish interpreters on staff 24 hours/day, with ability to obtain other language interpreters either in hospital or by phone
- Specialty physicians on call to the E.D. (Cardiology, Surgery, Medicine, Orthopedics, Gynecology, and Gastrointerology are some examples)
- X-ray, Lab, and C.T. Scan testing available 24 hours/day.
- Ultrasound testing available from 7:30 am to 12:00 am daily
In keeping with our Core Values and Mission, treatment is available to everyone who seeks it. Upon discharge, patients receive detailed instruction on proper aftercare to ensure a speedy and healthy recovery.
Hospital's rear entrance
Telephone: (559) 675-5520
Open 24 hours/day, 365 days/year